29.1.07

Unclever first entry

Whew, so, my very own blog, which I swore I'd never start. Obviously, I lied.

So, thoughts for today.
1) It is very annoying that not a single store in France is open on Sunday, except for at Christmas. I have, seriously, no food. Okay, I have some powdered soups and some cheeses, but nothing at all solid. It is annoying that although I keep trying to learn to both cook and shop for food, after several months (more than that if you count senior year at SJC) I still completely and totally suck at it. And I always fall back on bread and cheese or pasta, and then I get sick of them, and it's a horrible vicious cycle.
2) Speaking of vicious cycles, my reading right now. I'm not sure why, but I am enjoying the novel Dangerous Liaisons way more this time than when I tried to read it in college. Part of it is having more time on my hands, but I'm also just more interested in it. It really disturbs me that I enjoy reading that book. The people in there do such terrible things, in the most awesome way possible. I read it, and get interested, and then get really disturbed that I'm so interested in these horrible people, and then read more and writhe because they're so horrible. I think I will save a real review for when I have finished it.
3) My sixieme talked all through my lesson this morning. It would be so much easier if I knew what activity to do with them. I think this afternoon I will do the same thing as before except I'll divide them into teams so they're trying to compete instead of just trying to think of things.
4) I did the whole registration process for this blog entirely in French. So on one hand I'm very proud of myself for more or less giving the right answers to the right questions, and on the other hand I'm a little concerned that maybe I haven't.

I haven't yet learned how to be clever and judgmental and opinionated in this particular medium, so stay tuned. Within a couple weeks this will be much more interesting to read.

No comments: