29.9.08

Now set [my] long-experienced wit to school

Um. *blinks*

The basic stuff: I've arrived in England, safely. The flight was no more miserable than flights usually are. I have made it to campus, unpacked my suitcases, and settled into my dorm room. Okay, I'll be even more settled once my books get here, but I have unpacked everything and put up pictures on my wall and put my clothes away and brushed my teeth. I crash landed on my bet at about 7:40 and slept a full nine hours. My dehydrated-migraine headache is finally gone (knock wood).

And I'm not really able to think in complete sentences. All my little thoughts are separate.

Thoughts like: Why doesn't my dorm have any toilet paper? And is it my job to buy some? 'Cause I live here with nine other people, and we all share toilets.

And: This campus is huge, and very pretty but kind of scary in its ginormousness.

And: I am truly back in a dorm, and this is weirding me out a little. Even if it does have a kitchen, it is still a dorm.

And: I miss my books and I hope they get here soon.

And: I am lonely here.

And: It was a beautiful day today, but how long will it last?

And: I'm going to really like this campus except it's huge and I don't know my way around.

And: I want to meet people, but it is hard because I get more shy when I am tired.

And: I know I overpack, but thank God for all my stuff because otherwise I would be courting depression. (How shallow!)

And: I want this week of "induction" (would it kill you guys to add the extra syllable? "Tro," ladies and gents. Three little letters) to be over so I can just get used to being here already instead of being discombobulated.

And: I think I need more sleep.

And that is all the thinks I can think right now.

2 comments:

Este Gardner Cantor said...

I love you darling. It'll get less disconcerting soon. I promise. *huggles*

-Andy

Anonymous said...

"To induct" is defined as, among other things:

To admit as a member; receive.
To introduce, as to new experience or knowledge; initiate: She was inducted into the ways of the legal profession.

I can sympathize with your irritation. At some point during my social studies career, the word "philosophe" was introduced, and I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever seen. Whose brilliant idea had it been to drop the "r"?