30.4.07

A Surprise

So, I totally didn't hate The Departed at all. I actually kind of liked it. No, seriously. I thought it was a pretty good movie and I enjoyed watching it. Hey, I'm as surprised as you are, especially since all anyone would tell me about it was that it was super violent and directed by Scorcese. (I didn't think I liked any Scorcese movies at all, but I kind of liked The Age of Innocence. Not as good as The House of Mirth, but what can you do?) But this one was very good, I thought. I liked the story, I liked the characters, there was genuine tension. It also made me wicked glad I'm a girl and not sleeping with two guys from South Boston. (Not that I have anything against guys from South Boston. Isn't Matt Damon originally from there? See, nothing against them. But I'm still glad I'm not in any of the situations depicted in that film because I would go off the deep end.)

No comments: