12.5.07

I've Kind of Forgotten What Day of the Week It Is

I only left Ella and Char's this morning, and within one hour of leaving to travel alone I've forgotten all the normal stuff like what day of the week it is and which exact days I'm traveling and the conversion rate between the pound and the euro as applied to living in the UK and its environs. Sorry, Ireland. What I mean by that is that you can get a sandwich and a soda from a deli for a little under five pounds or a little over five euros. But you're spending less in Euros anyway. This would probably make plenty of sense to me if I had been sober and gone to bed early last night. Sigh.

On the plus side, I made it safe here, I had a fantastic, awesome time with them, and I scored a bus ticket to Killarney for about half what the internet said it would cost to take the train. All this pleases me.

I know it's boring to read about my various money thoughts and sleepy travel stories. I'll be doing better tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep and seen some of Dublin.

No comments: