20.5.07

The Vacation Part of the Vacation

Whee! Venice!

So, I left Dublin at six this morning. (And by the way? I am so OVER Ryanair. You read it here first, Ryanair sucks. My flight cost one euro penny, but each kilogram over the first fifteen in my carry-on baggage was eight euros. Since I have one carry on bag that is fifteen kilograms and another that is twenty, I had to pay them like a hundred and fifty to even get on the plane. I hate Ryanair. Also I am annoyed because the twenty kilo bag is mostly dirty laundry and winter jackets. Serves me right for using the "cheap" airline.)

But, nevertheless, I got on the plane in Dublin at six and got off the plane in Venice at ten. This is like getting on a plane in Vancouver and getting off in L.A. Suddenly I only need one layer out of my four. Getting to my campsite was a headache, involving a lot of walking and almost pulling out my shoulder blade, but now I am here, they upgraded me to a semi-private trailer (I only have to share with one other person, who doesn't seem to have got here yet) and there is a swimming pool. So I am ignoring the city of Venice for the afternoon and going to take a nap in the sun. Shut up, I had to get up at three to catch my flight.

Anyway. Tomorrow I will write all about Venice and post pictures if I can, but now I need to go finish my mystery novel.

Addendum, later in the evening: God, I completely forgot how relaxing Italy is. I feel so very much better than I did. I love Italy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that explains what the webcomic was making fun of. Here, look:

1 of 2
2 of 2

I wonder what would happen if you tried to take, say, thirty helium balloons on the plane.

Arcadian said...

Yes, those are exactly totally accurate. Ryanair would pop your balloons, because they hate joy and puppies and Christmas.

Hey, what are some webcomics that I should read? All my bookmarks are like, blogs and stuff. Help me out.

Unknown said...

Sure! Always happy to propagate joy and time-sponging. I'm going to send the list via email, as messing with the raw html in this comment box is a bit annoying.

Incidentally, I scored a 50% on your personality quiz, but 3 of 5 wrong answers would have been correct using my second choices. (It seems I know next to nothing regarding your taste in pets or the root of your musical tastes.)