28.5.07

Random Stuff

I've been sick, and then it was the weekend and really crowded, and now it's raining. The universe really doesn't want me to see much of Athens, I guess.

That's okay. Yesterday I walked down to the flea market at the foot of the Acropolis and browsed around it. They have ancient philosophers bookmarks! I considered pretending I was Socrates and going up to people all, "What IS virtue?" but if you make eye contact with Greek men they think you want to sleep with them, so I didn't. If you want a souvenir from Athens, though, now's the time to comment.

Today I'll probably hit the Archaeology Museum; I was planning on the beach, but it is too wet.

In other news, I have a couple of news sites on my Google reader (speaking of, not to pimp the site that gives me email, and my blog, and everything, but seriously, my Google account is the best thing that ever happened to me online, right up there with discovering TWoP. I cannot say enough good things) and this caught my eye. After a lot of thinking, I'm not going to comment on it, just link to it and sigh.

For fun -- the guy who originally wrote Brunching Shuttlecocks (that site is over now, but it was awesome while it lasted) made up this quiz so you can see if you all know me at all (yes, that's the only reason he did it. Okay, kidding. I filled in the answers I thought were true, now you get to see if you guess right.)

Take my quiz!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

libby, ur personality quiz is full of horse hooey (i just watched pangs) it said i was an accquaintance. yeah right. anyway. guess what. one of the gentlemen in hush is doug jones who played pan in pan's labyrnth and he doesn't speak spanish. but he did in the movie. and he had to memorize ofelia's lines too, cuz he couldn't hear her with all the machinery around his face. scary, no? just proves what good taste he has... lol
luv ya
amalie

Arcadian said...

Heh. Acquaintance. And here I thought we knew each other, Short Stuff.